Did you know that as an employer, you need to keep records of payslips for at least three years? In line with Sectoral Determination 13 (SD13), there are a few important aspects when it comes to the information concerning payment:
- Every employee must receive the information regarding their payment.
- The employer must give this payslip to employees during working hours at the place of work.
- Payslips must be kept by the employer for 3 years.
- Agri-workers must understand their payslips, and employers should make sure they are explained to all employees.
- The payslip must contain all the information as set out in SD13.
To see an example of what a payslip can look like as well as the further requirements of what must be included in a payslip, visit: http://www.labour.gov.za/form-bcea4-pay-slip
You can also see the various SIZA code requirements on the information concerning pay by viewing the SIZA Social Standard.