A total of ten (10) Social audit disputes were logged with SIZA from January to June 2020. All 10 disputes followed the formal SIZA Dispute Process whereby formal feedback from the audit company was provided, and subsequent feedback from the SIZA Audit Expert Group.
Overall, audit disputes consisted of:
- The interpretation of the auditor on harassment and abuse
- Employees cooking in accommodation
- Calculation of rest-periods during and after shift-work
- The incorrect payment of overtime (calculated on maximum time per week or month instead of daily contracted hours)
- Incorrect information provided to the audit company prior to the audit, resulting in several findings pertaining to contracts and number of employees not available on site during the audit