SIZA received nine complaints between 01 January 2020 and 30 September 2020. All of the complaints were appropriately referred and resolved.
These complaints involved the following scenarios:
- Employees not receiving adequate rest breaks
- Overtime not understood on employee payslips
- Inadequate understanding of contracts and terms and conditions relating to work being conducted on public holidays
- Living facilities not adequate (restrictions related to COVID-19)
- Unsafe handling and storage of chemicals